Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Much Needed Vacation

Now that all of the Christmas antics are over and done with I think I can have some of sanity back.

After going through a bit of friend drama, and having family friends stay in our house for two days, I think my parents made the right decision to drive down to my grandma's house. My grandma's house is about 10 minutes from the beach and it's always gorgeous year-round. Not to mention my grandma is one of my favorite people. She still has a hint of her New York accent, she's an amazing painter, and a beautifully patient person. Her whole house is covered in beachy stuff and art. It's wonderful.

Yesterday we went to the nearby Barnes & Nobles. My grandma gave me one of the many gift cards she had received for Christmas. I had gone in expecting to buy a new Beatles CD and a few others I had on my list. The only problem was, I couldn't find the music section anywhere.....
I asked an employee where the music was and he directed me to a small rack that consisted of a few classic rock re-issues and Beyonce's new album. They has removed their music and movie section to make room for a huge ass Nook/e-reader section. I don't know why I was so upset by this, well I do, but I literally could not let it go. That's all I talked (complained) about to my family the rest of the time. I ended up spending the gift card on Rainbow Rowell's new book, Fangirl, A book explaining the history of every Beatles song, and a British fashion magazine. So in the end I got cool things anyways.

The day before, my cousins had invited me to come to their D&D (dungeons and dragons) game. I had never actually played, or even watched anyone play, D&D before. So basically I was picturing it going down like in Freaks & Geeks. Turns out I have been mislead. I instead was met by a room of four incredibly attractive college boys. Three of which were wearing leather jackets, all had amazing hair, and one looked like Patrick Stump (the newer patrick, not the chubby-sideburns one). Plus they were all very polite and nice to me. All in all it was an awesome experience and I think I'll start playing D&D.

Now it's off to see Saving Mr. Banks with the clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment